Motion and Bed Exit
11 million Americans over the age of 65 experience a fall each year with 1.6 million ending up in the emergency room for treatment, and each treatment costs an average of $19,600 (source CDC). The BAM Labs Motion and Bed Exit application tracks in and out of bed events and instantly sends an alert to a caregiver’s phone when a person is about to or actually does get out of bed. The caregiver can provide immediate assistance reducing the risk of falling.
Customers using the Motion and Bed Exit application report a 43% reduction in falls from bed.
Anticipate and Quickly React to Bed Exits
- Agitation, motion, and bed exit alerts sent to staff via iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (or any internet connect device)
- No loud alarms, preventing alarm fatigue
- Encourages staff to quickly get to a room before a fall occurs
- Reduce and prevent incontinence events
- Know when a patient is out of bed and for how long
- Report on bed exits
- Analyze bed exit activity
- Monitor time for rehab