Pressure ulcers are preventable, yet a recent study concluded that on average 16.7% of patients develops pressure ulcers in skilled nursing facilities and hospital patients develop pressure ulcers at an alarming rate. The cost of treating each pressure ulcer in a SNF costs an average of $7,000; in a hospital the cost ranges from $15,000 – 50,000.
Clinicians and caregivers need better tools to help reduce the incidence of pressure ulcers. The BAM Labs Position Change application has been proven to improve recorded position changes by 65.3%, verified position changes by 155.2%, and the amount of time documenting position changes by 40.1% — saving staff 72 seconds per position change, or 90 hours per month in a 100 room SNF.
Scheduled Position Changes 100% Verified
- Record position changes via iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (or any internet connect device)
- See the duration since the last position change
- Receive automated reminders for the next position change
- Validate position changes and ensure compliance with the standard of care
- Helps raise position change awareness for staff
- Training tool for management to spot opportunities for improvement and compliance
- Improves efficiency – know precisely when patients need to be repositioned
- Position changes can be custom scheduled for each patient
- Closed loop protocol providing accurate position change documentation