We are looking for an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to support our cloud-based services on AWS, and help us maintain reliability and scalability as we grow rapidly. In this hands on role, you will be responsible for development and operation of multi-tiered systems that capture data 24 hours a day, make data accessible at scale via APIs and front-end systems, and leverage established tools to automate the operation and maintenance of such systems with high levels of performance and availability.
Components of our system that are helpful to be familiar with include AWS deployment and services such as EC2, S3, CloudWatch, and OpsWorks, SQL and Cassandra database technologies, and Apache Tomcat. The role requires managing and collaborating with software engineers, QA engineers, external partners and service providers.
- Manage operation of our cloud-based services to provide reliability and scalability for applications to both individual consumer and health industry customers.
- Work with developers, quality engineers and service providers to define and refine our services platform to achieve company objectives.
- Ensure high availability and 24×7 monitoring
- Continually improve operational processes and procedures
- Provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents or alerts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the management and operation of a cloud-based SaaS product
- Experience with distributed applications using Java, Apache Tomcat and MemCache
- Experience with automating EC2 deployments using Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation or OpsWorks.
- Ability to operate within sometimes aggressive timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant work experience
- Hands-on familiarity with middleware, web services technologies, and security standards
- Security policies and auditing
- Performance investigation and tuning
To apply for any job at BAM Labs, use firstname.lastname@example.org