We are looking for an experienced Cloud Development Engineer to lead of our team of developers in building and scaling a reliable state of the art cloud-services platform. The person we are looking for would enjoy leading a team to design, develop and manage all aspects of our cloud presence on Amazon Web Services. In this hands on role, you will be responsible for design and development of multi-tiered systems that captures data 24 hours a day supporting millions of devices, makes data accessible at scale via APIs and front-end web systems, and leverage established tools to automate the operation and maintenance of such systems with high levels of performance and availability.
Components of our system that are helpful to be familiar with AWS products such as EC2, S3, CloudWatch, and OpsWorks, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, SQL and Cassandra database technologies, and Java. The role requires managing and collaborating with product managers, software engineers, QA engineers, and Dev Ops engineers. You will serve as the engineering lead and be responsible for our platform ingesting millions of interactions and providing data platform services to consumers and devices streaming data.
- Lead the design and development of our cloud-based services to provide reliability and scalability for applications to both individual consumer and health industry customers.
- Work closely with developers, QA, DevOps and other engineering teams to define and refine our services platform to achieve company objectives.
- Ensure high availability and 24×7 monitoring
- Continually improve operational processes and procedures
- Collaborate with other technology teams and to define protocols, API’s, to operate and acquire data from large numbers of Internet-connected devices
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Leadership experience in the development of a cloud-based SaaS product
- Experience in Internet of Things (IoT) architecture on cloud
- Experience developing distributed applications using Lambda Architecture, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, with some components written in Java and Scala.
- Ability to work with a highly talented development team to deliver to aggressive timelines in an environment where “time to market” is extremely critical to establish our leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; highly persuasive, Outstanding leadership and team-building skills
- Computer Science degree or other quantitative field or relevant work experience
- Hands-on familiarity with middleware, web services technologies, and security standards
- Performance investigation and tuning
- At least 10 years of professional experience gained in software development and management with at least 3-5 years of managing product development organizations.
To apply for any job at BAM Labs, use email@example.com