We are looking for an experienced cloud development principal engineer to lead of our team of developers in building and scaling a reliable state of the art cloud-services platform based on IoT architecture. Our cloud backend will be built on a scale out architecture to support hundreds of thousands of connected devices that send data every second to be processed by distributed highly fault tolerant multi clusters on AWS platform using Scala/Java, Cassandra, Apache Spark and Kafka along with host of other bleeding edge open source tools and frameworks.
Who we are looking for
The person we are looking for would enjoy taking challenges, is not scared of trying new ideas, chooses difficult problems to solve, will be a great team player land also lead a team to design, develop and manage all aspects of our cloud development on Amazon Web Services..
- Work closely with the engineering team to design and deliver a high performance and scalable platform for massive data collection, real-time analytics, NLP, machine learning, and backend data services.
- Build high performance, scalable, real-time, server-side technologies
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment
Your minimum requirements:
- BS/MS in CS, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10+ years of software development experience with latest 2 to 3 years in cloud development
- Expert in Java and optionally Scala
- Proficient in Cassandra, or any other NoSQL database
- Practical experience in using cloud technologies at scale
Desired skills and experience:
- Expert in big data processing systems and infrastructure – Hadoop, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Some experience and exposure to Lambda Architecture
- Working with connected devices architecture in any IoT application
- Familiarity with AWS with experience using EC2, Auto scaling groups, Elastic Search, VPC, CloudWatch
- Working in a distributed environment and has dealt with challenges around scaling and performance
- Some experience working in startups
- Great pay with stock options and bonus
- Benefit package includes health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan (starting soon)
To apply for any job at BAM Labs, use email@example.com